Stress Relief & Distractions for Emergency Preparedness
When it comes to emergency preparedness it’s important to have a means to stay hydrated and well fed along with an alternate way to maintain power. But being prepared with the essentials isn’t all there is to think about, and anyone who’s been in a situation of extreme duress knows that stress can have a negative impact on our ability to maintain calm or even rational thinking. Regardless of your capacity to deal with stress and how you relay your mannerisms in stressful situations, everyone tends to need a distraction from time to time in order to help shift their attention away from the reality around them. In thinking about stress relief as it relates to emergency preparedness, I wanted to come up with a short list of things that might be useful to consider having or practicing, so that if and when you are forced to pull out your survival kit, you really will have everything you need to handle a situation in the best way possible.
– Group inclusion makes games a great distraction for a crowd. 2.
– Put in the ear buds or share the sounds with everyone. Music has the ability to positively enhance a person’s mood.3.
– Get a sing-a-long started to engage, entertain and distract a group4.
– Given you have access to power, few things provide mind numbing factor of a good film.5.
– Reading and looking at pictures is a stimulating way to avert your attention.6.
- Release thoughts and emotions and channel them out with your creativity.7.
– Good for the mind, good for the body. Learn some basic techniques designed to help alleviate stress.8.
–Deep breathing is a proven method for stress relief. Learn it now, practice it anytime. 9.
- This one’s not for everybody, and it’s actually a depressant, but we all have our vices.10.
- Get your blood pumping by always having access to comfortable clothing and shoes.
So What little tricks do you have to help you eliminate stress, and how can you employ those things into your emergency preparedness plan? We’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas.
—Jared Matkin—Jared Matkin is a Salt Lake City based freelance writer and outdoor enthusiast who is continually on the lookout for innovative and usable products designed to help improve the way we live.
The post Stress Relief & Distractions for Emergency Preparedness appeared first on Buy Emergency Food.