73-Quart (70L) High-Performance Rotomolded Cooler
Durability, Ruggedness, Versatility, and Toughness! You aren't going to find a better option than the 73-Quart High-Performance Rotomolded Cooler by Legacy. These heavy-duty coolers keep the heat out with their innovative design, high quality components, and lead the industry in ice retention times. Need a smaller size? Take a look at our 21 or 52-quart options.
73-Quart Heavy-duty Rotomolded Ice Cooler - High-Performance
Looking for some outdoor gear that will bring a smile to your face? Well search no more! The Legacy High-Performance Rotomolded 73-Quart Coolers are simply the best in cold storage and provide more bang for your buck than their more expensive competitors. Each high-performance cooler is created using the finest materials, including commercial-grade polyurethane foam insulation, to create the toughest, most-durable, and longest-lasting ice retaining coolers available on the market today. You will love all the features that we have added onto these coolers, including simple latches that won't break, molded tie down slots, a leakproof drain system, cup holders, bottle opener, fish ruler, and more. Take a look at the features below, we promise that you will be blown away and love your new cooler from Legacy!
And if you needed another reason to justify picking up one of these coolers, don't forget about how important these can be during an emergency. If the power goes down, having a cooler or two can save you money in spoiled food and frozen goods. Imagine losing all of the frozen meat and other foods in your freezer if a major outage occurs. That loss can be avoided with a cooler or two added to your disaster gear, with ice retention tests lasting for 7 days or more. They are also highly portable if you have to take your food to a bugout location or away from your primary residence. We love these high-performance coolers for several reasons, key among them is the peace of mind and food security they provide in event of an emergency.
73-Quart Cooler Features -
Rotomolded Construction - Virtually indestructible and incredibly strong all the way to the core
- Freezer Grade Gasket - Highest quality gasket to keep the cold in and the heat out
- Insulated, Thick Wall Construction- Commercial-grade polyurethane foam pressure injected into walls and lid for maximum ice retention
- Simple Latch System - Reinforced TPE to ensure no busted latches
- Smart Handles - Built-in molded handles are comfortable and easy to use. Removable military grade polyester rope handles are also included so you can choose which handles are better suited for the job at hand
- Tie Down Slots - Slots are molded into the cooler lid for simple tie down to boats, truck beds, ATVs, and more
- Smart Hinge Design - Interlocking design seals out the heat and smart hinge system provides optimal strength and long-lasting structural support
- Leakproof Drain Plug - Quick and easy to use drain plug that never leaks and is attached via metal cord
- Non-Slip Feet - Rubber feet ensure your cooler stays in place, even when wet
- Locking Mechanism - Molded lock holes to protect from bears or to keep kids out of your beer supply (locks not included)
- Bonus Features - 4 Cup Holders, Bottle Opener, and 28" Fish Ruler all built into the lid
- Outer Dimensions - 30.3" x 19.9" x 17.9"
- Inner Dimensions - 24.4" x 13.8" x 12.2", holds about 100 cans of beer without ice
- Capacity of roughly 50 beer cans with recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio
- Ice retention of 120-168 hours (5-7 Days) with 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio (pre-chill cooler for maximum results)
- Weighs approximately 38 lbs when empty
To get your best Chill Out experience!
- Pre-chill to be cool - the double thick walls are a fantastic insulator; however, they will also hold their ambient temperature and potentially melt your first batch of ice! Keep you cooler cool or pre-chill with ice for a few hours before filling to get started on the right foot.
- 2:1 odds - fill you cooler with a 2:1 ratio of ice to contents. We recommend a combination of solid block ice (melts slower) and cubed or crushed ice to fill empty space. Keep in mind that air or dead space is an enemy to keeping things frozen. Ideally your cooler should be completely full for best ice retention.
- Hands-off!. . .as much as you can - as with any fridge or freezer, the less you open your cooler the better. Every time you open the cooler you release all the chilled air and reintroduce hot air that will then need to be re-chilled. Limiting access will greatly increase ice life.
- Shady Practices - Keep your cooler in the shade! Direct sunlight always heats things up, we recommend keeping your cooler in the shade or at least covered with a blanket, tarp, or even an emergency blanket to keep the heat at bay.
- -109 Degrees of ice happiness - Dry ice is a fantastic way to keep things frozen and can be used in your high-performance cooler. Dry ice sublimates directly into carbon dioxide gas, so you need to make sure you only use it in well ventilated areas, which goes for when you are transporting it as well (please avoid having in a closed vehicle!). Take extra precaution when handling dry ice and still take care to fill any empty space with ice water to get the best cold benefits.
*** Additional Tips ***
Hot Stuff - Yes!... this cooler is fantastic at keeping things cool, but it also fantastic at keeping things hot! For best performance pre heat your cooler in a warm room instead of pre-chilling. Avoid placing any hot items directly on to the plastic of the cooler and keep things below 150 degrees to ensure you don't melt or deform your cooler.
How to clean - We recommend using a mild solution of soap and warm water to clean your cooler. For more extreme cleaning you can clean with a light solution of warm water and bleach.